Recent Democratic rhetoric may be lofty, but actions speak louder than words. I’ve posted a few articles over the last few days that demonstrate the hypocrisy and double talk of today’s democratic politician. Although these examples are not easy to find in main stream media, that does not mean that people will not hear nor remember these instances. It is dangerous for any party, to lose the respect and trust of the American voter. I you don’t believe me, just look at the Republican Party.
Here is a list of some of the promises made by the ruling democratic leaders (Obama, Pelosi, and Reid) that they are not taking seriously or actions that are hypocritical to their cause:
1. Promising fiscal responsibility while spending irresponsibly. Rasmussen shows that fiscal responsibility is the one issue most people are concerned with. We have been promised fiscal responsibility and none of Obama’s bills encourage or take into account fiscal responsibility. Perhaps, this is something we are will need to wait until his second term for?
2. Promising the end of earmarks, but allowing approximately 9,000 of them in the omnibus bill. Their claims the bill is really Bush’s bill, not Obama’s, is ridiculous. They say possession is nine tenths of the law and the bill will be in Obama’s hands if it is signed.
3. Forcing people, not politicians to except green initiatives. I posted an article today regarding congress’ plan to ease pollution restrictions on the power plant they use and their refusal to buy pollution credits to offset.
4. Promising accountability, while taking concealment to new levels. Obama promised to post all bills for 5 days before congress votes. Congress promised to allow 2 days to view the stimulus bill before voting. The American public and politicians had 12 hours.
5. Promising that the Democratic Party will be the party of Ethics. The list is long, but governors from New York, Illinois, and Arizona are all involved in major scandals. Three tax cheats were picked for Obama’s cabinet. One new senator already looking at perjury charges. This is only the beginning
I could go on, but I don’t want to write a book. Most of these have occurred in only the last month since Obama took office. Democrats should stop and take notice of this list and begin to align their rhetoric to match what they are actually perpetuating through their actions. Some suggest that the people of this country have been swayed to the left way of thought. They believe this shift will continue in the future. They couldn’t be more wrong. Conservatism by definition is an attempt to return to the principles of the founding fathers. In short, it is home to most. If people are disillusioned with where they’ve been led, they are going to look to return home.